We believe in responsible industry leadership, creating profitable growth in harmony with environmental sustainability and good corporate citizenship. We intend to fulfill this responsibility by providing the best possible packaging solutions for our customers; as well as addressing the carbon footprint with responsible manufacturing processes.
Since November 2014, Flexo Transparent is a 100% Landfill Free company!
- Waste from day-to-day operations is taken to a local Waste-To-Energy (WTE) plant, where our waste is converted into fuel to generate electricity.
We will continue to explore and expand our knowledge of sustainable products and procedures in the following three elements:
- Supportive Activities to the Business
- Heat from the manufacturing process is recovered to provide heat to the entire facility.
- Outside winter air is used to replace process chilling power costs.
- Plastic, cardboard and paper products are recycled through the corporation.
- Facility lighting has been upgraded to high efficiency.
- We have been accepted into the New York Power Authority’s program (NYPA) for the use of water power from Niagara Falls.
Packaging & Material Design Savings:
- Customer orders are scrutinized for size and gauge to save on packaging.
- In-plant F.D.A. approved recycled and post consumer recycled films are offered to our customers.
- Multi-layer co-extrusions can conserve material and cost.
Living the Sustainability Philosophy:
- A sustainability committee has been formed at Flexo to work in all departments to help reduce, reuse and recycle. We have extended this process to the team members by showing them how to be sustainable at home.